hello friend, thank you for your interest. my name is ryan, and i have been tattooing since 2004, and at scapegoat in portland since 2006. i love it here and this is my home. i’ve been lucky to have worked on/with so many wonderful people in that time, and to have built up a steady and reliable clientele who keep me about as busy as i care to be, at any given time. i dedicate my work and my time to them. while i am honored by every request i receive, opportunities for new clients are unpredictable. i do the best i can, but i simply cannot tattoo every person or respond to every email. i am only one dude, and i do not have an assistant or a customer service department.
that said, i hope you aren’t deterred or afraid to ask. my main interest in tattooing is the opportunity to make people happy, and i do my best to accomodate every request i get. so please don’t be shy! i even made this contact form thing to make it easy for ya.
some pertinent info:
– the rate at scapegoat is $200/hr.
– deposits(usually $200) are required and non-refundable for all appointments, and are held until the last session of the tattoo.
– i book appointments four times a year: march(for april-june), june(for jul-sept), september(for oct-dec), and december (for jan-march). i usually pick a day towards the middle/end of the month to start booking. as soon as all my availabilities for that quarter are full (usually within a week or so), i then close my books until the next quarter.
– i am at the shop a lot, but i do not follow a set schedule. when i am there, i am focused on doing tattoos. email(not stopping by) is the best way to get a hold of me.
– these days i am most interested in large-scale japanese tattooing, but not strictly so. i also love americana, scientific illustration, art nouveau, mythology, animalia, geometrics, portraits(sometimes) and maybe even some blackwork here or there. i find the best tattoos happen when clients have respect for the classics of traditional tattooing, and are willing to be adventurous.
thank you, again, for your interest. i hope to make something cool with you soon!